Sat, Aug 15|
Gypsy Hill Park
Queen City Rucking for 22
Nothing Like A Leisurely Ruck Through a City of Hills
Time & Location
Aug 15, 2020, 7:40 AM
Gypsy Hill Park, 600 Churchville Ave, Staunton, VA 24401, USA
About the event
Queen City Rucking for 22 is a Ruck-March (Hiking) EVENT with a purpose by and for active Hero's and Patriots. It is a coordinated fundraising event for Specialist Trevor Banks Foundation, a 501c3 charity organization. Teams ruck-march for up to 22K (5hrs) or on the 5mile course, while carrying weight that symbolizes the burden that many veterans carry post-war or post-trauma.
- A fun fitness Team building event. Teams are made up from 2 person or more.
- This is a rucking event...Weight Standard: If you are under 150 lbs, carry a 10 lb weight and if you are over 150 lbs, carry 20 lbs. Each participant will have a 10 or 20 lb Ruck Plate (or equivalent in non-consumable weight) in their rucksack at the start point. This is our 1st annual event, we are not making this mandatory if you haven't ever rucked before. We would like you to carry a ruck with your water and light snacks just to get a feel of what rucking is like. Carrying weight in your ruck/backpack during the mission represents the weight many service members carry in the battle against combat stress
- Your team will receive the way-points list (clues) which you’ll receive at each check point.
- There will be two courses:
- 1 course will be at least 5miles for our Boots, those of you that have never rucked before.
- 2nd course will be at least a 22K (12 miles), for those of you that are up for the challenge of the Mission Complete.
- You and your team will pickup your clue for the next checkpoint at each checkpoint. You can go in any route you see fit using Google maps Road warrior apps is allowed (good strategy helps).
- Purchasing food along your route at anytime is authorized.
- Meeting outside individuals is allowed (re-supply etc.). They may not physically aid or assist your movement in any way, honor code in effect.
- No method of transportation is authorized except rucking.
- Obey all traffic laws (and all the other laws, too) while participating.
- Call 911 with any real world emergency. We will provide a phone number on your way-point sheet for Queen City Ruck support questions.
- Follow any additional instructions or rules written on your way-point sheet.